Remodeling On A BudgetJuly 29, 2014
People are always looking to make improvements to their home but often lack a sufficient budget to fund these projects. There are many ways to improve and maximize the appearance and style of your home without going overboard on spending money. For example, before knocking out walls and increasing the size of rooms, see if you can maximize the efficiency of the room by removing clutter and reorganizing. It would SAVE you MORE money to invest in sleeker cabinets with many shelves rather than assuming you need to take down walls because your cabinets constrict the space of the room which makes you believe that you need bigger rooms. Here are some ideas that can help you save money the next time you are thinking about a home improvement project:
– Do It Yourself – Often times, people will hire others to do work because they simply believe that the hired workers will do a better job, they think they do not have the time, or they believe they are inadequate. If you believe you can do a project without hiring others, DO IT because it gives you the ability to be creative without paying others to do your work.
– Paint / Repaint – Paint is relatively cheap which allows people to make strides of improvement in their rooms. As soon as you find that perfect color, do some research and attempt painting on your own before hiring someone else.
– Mix vs Match – Mixing together different pieces of furniture is very cost efficient, opposed to buying a full furniture set. The mixed look also allows you to do more with the room by giving you the flexibility to add other decorations or furniture that is similar to the mixed furniture but do not necessarily need to match.
– Appearance vs Price – Many people believe that in order for something to “look good”, it must be expensive. This is false, and many times you can find furniture and antiques for very low prices that would suit your room perfectly. Do not hesitate to look at your local antique and furniture shops for older furniture.
– Unexpected Flair – Adding flair or accessories that someone would not expect to see in the room makes people attract to it. The idea of unexpected decorations or flair adds FLAVOR to the room of choice.
Are you still having trouble with low-budget Home Improvement ideas? Give us a call!
Be Bold. Be Creative. Execute← There Is No Place Like Home…Gardening! Summer Home Improvement ideas →