Looking to sell in the future?July 11, 2013
The old saying, “Sometimes you have to spend money to save money” holds true when it comes to home improvements. Maybe you are looking to sell in the future or just want to upgrade your home for your own pleasure, either way, it’s important to think big picture. There are plenty of great ways for home owners to upgrade that benefit financially in the long run. Here are some of the best tips to help you do just that:
- UPDATE WHERE IT COUNTS– Research has shown that the most profitable area of a house to make improvements in is the kitchen. This is closely followed by the bathroom. If you really want to stretch your dollar the furthest, consider updating one or both of these rooms.
- EVALUATE ENERGY CONSUMPTION– Check over the entire system that contributes towards heating and cooling your home to be sure that it is energy efficient. No one likes paying bills, but being energy efficient helps reduce the dollar amount you’re paying which makes the process a little less painful.
- LOOK AT LANDSCAPING– It is always a good idea to keep your landscaping pruned as much as possible. This is a great way to avoid any scratches to your exterior siding from obnoxious branches and at the same time, make the siding last longer!
- FLOORING IMPROVEMENTS– Adding new flooring dramatically increases aesthetic beauty as well as financial value. Keep in mind that choosing hard floor surfaces over carpet is becoming increasingly popular because they create a healthier living environment due to carpets being the number one attraction area for allergens!
- FRESHEN UP WITH COLOR– A somewhat inexpensive way to spruce up your home is by re-painting. Even if you’re sticking to the same color scheme, give your walls a fresh coat of paint and you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how it can bring new life to any room.
No matter what the size of the project may be, we’re here for you. Feel free to contact us anytime to talk over your home improvement ideas or concerns with one of our friendly and knowledgeable staff members.
← What Can Creative Custom Builders Offer You? 5 Easy Decorating Ideas for Fall That Are Sure to Spice Up Your Home →
Leave a Reply